Wednesday, April 16, 2008


The O's April Fool
To deal with
an unfair situation
takes more than
strength and patience.
There must be
will,
when short people
are present,
and in need of
folks who can
reach the top shelf.
It's mystic,
cryptic,
hell, written in code;
for I've known
eyes
to be like
noses
when feelings and emotions
flow.
One more time
to disrupt a life,
which was already
teetering on
destruction...
Reconstruction in a
rubble pile
places the spirit
on a hot-plate,
the mind on
military time,
and the neck
compresses to the
shoulder, then blade,
and finally,
the back—
ouch.
No naked aerobics tonight,
I'm tired of
fighting; you
never want to
argue
when I do.
So what's the point?
Love the smoke
from my joint,
but when
people appear with Newports and beer
there seems to be
an issue.
Say you understand
my blues,
yet to some of it you do
contribute;
then I apologize
as not to seem
unappreciative—
when I was away,
life was never
this complicated.
Want to run from it,
but Papa
didn't raise no punk;
so the junk I'll
take,
attend with intentions of compromise
each and every
debate
that arise from
the real
to the fake,
then bake a cake
and tell 'em all
to have a slice.
Just take the plate
Anna Mae...
let him have
some space
because he wasn't prepared
to partake
of unfair situations;
and by God, he's doing his best!

No comments: