Wednesday, April 16, 2008


Bothered
If my heart
exploded,
w/in the confines
of my chest &
rib-cage,
sucking the life
up,
through my neck &
esophagus;
maybe then,
they'd have a clue
to the extent
of my love.
If my eyes
swoll to the size
of planets,
and became
transparent,
for all to see through—
maybe then
some could understand.
If a hearing aid
could be made
that would allow
the world to hear
what I hear,
maybe then...
peace could be reached.
Can u feel me?
Fuck understandin',
empathy, and compromise;
Open your eyes
and ride w/me
for 15 hours,
on a dark filled
road, w/rain &
hail in my path.
That's what I went
through
to get to you.
Yet,
no man or woman
be an island,
we be community;
there can be no
you
without
me;
and I can not survive
w/in distance
when circumstances
surround a life
that was
carved—
out of
freedom.
I want to run,
but responsibilities
& promises to
now angels
led me to a path
of pot-holed
streets;
where I'm drivin'
and ask you to
hold on.
I've lost passengers
before,
and that pain
still sticks to my
soul
like roots embedded
in earth—
This, shit, hurts!
Compromise
is far from fair
but it is the
matter that matters
when relations are made.
No man is God,
so perfection is an imagined
state;
opinions are like—
we've all got one.
Do you really know
what it's like
when problems mound up
like Mt. Everest
then someone comes in
w/ a gun,
and begins to
judge
you??
At that point
I might just say,
'pull the trigger'.
Because @
times
my fear of life,
super-ceded
my fear of no life
and I
was waiting to
pull the trigger.
Fortunately, the
gun jammed
& amerikkka is still
dealing with
this nigga.
What's best?
Who's to say;
the state, or strangers
who support—
No disrespect,
yet history's manifested
through the eyes of so many
that all one can depend on
is self.
Judgment should lie
in one's own eyes (reflection)
& those of
The Most High.
It is not my place,
or yours, theirs,
or any other creature
on this planet.
Dammit.
I stand,
and still
Give Thanks.

No comments: